New job: Executive and Outreach Assistant
Life Size Media is a small, specialist communications agency working exclusively in cleantech and sustainable innovation. We are proud to work with some of the most exciting companies in this sector delivering fully integrated, highly effective communications campaigns. We are now looking for an exceptional Executive and Outreach Assistant to join our team.
This is a highly varied role that would suit someone who excels in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment. You will be working very closely with the company’s CEO and in partnership with your counterpart in our new office in Germany. This is a demanding role that will give you the opportunity to be involved in all areas of the business, build an inspiring brand and develop a close relationship with a key business leader.
Executive and Outreach Assistant responsibilities
Your workload will be spilt roughly 50/50 between administrative support and outreach activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Personal support to the CEO including some diary management, travel arrangements, taking minutes at meetings etc.
- Accounts administration including client invoicing, processing expenses and payment of accounts
- Managing the company’s contacts database (CRM)
- Producing content/posts and building community across our social media networks
- Posting blog articles on our website
- Attending networking and industry events
- Support with identifying and contacting new business prospects
- Helping to build the personal brand of the CEO including contributing to social media, identifying speaking opportunities, securing interviews etc.
Required skills and experience:
- A clear interest in the cleantech industry
- Very strong organisational skills and ability to handle highly-varied workload
- At least two-years experience in a comparable role
- A basic accounting qualification, or equivalent practical experience
- Love for brand building, networking and social media
- Confidence working independently and remotely
- Complete fluency will Microsoft Office software
- Confident and professional communication skills both oral and written
- Digital media skills and experience
- Familiarity with an online accounting software such as Xero
- Familiarity with wordpress or other CMS
- Familiarity with email distribution software such as Campaign Monitor
- A second language (particularly German) is an advantage
Life Size Media is based at Soho Works, an international network of round-the-clock workspaces from Soho House & Co, designed to support individuals and businesses in the creative industries. This offers a unique working environment (including an onsite cafe) with access to talks, events and classes.
We operate an agile working culture, giving you more flexibility to work in a way that suits your lifestyle and other commitments. It is essential, however, that you are comfortable managing your own time and working independently.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are open to applications from a broad range of backgrounds, education and experiences.
Contract type: Full-time, permanent (fewer/flexible hours can be discussed)
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000
Location: SOHO WORKS, The Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 6JJ. You will also be required to travel both in the UK and occasionally in Europe.
How to apply:
Please apply to Alisa Murphy at email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in the cleantech/sustainability sector?
- What most appeals to you about Life Size Media’s work or culture?
- Which business leader(s) do you admire and why?
- What do you want to get out of this job (please be honest!)
The deadline for applications is 5pm on the 26 April.