This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how Life Size Media whose principal place of business is 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX. In this Notice “Data Protection Legislation” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679; together with all other applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection; and where we use the terms “personal data“, “data subject“, “controller“, “processor” and “process” (and its derivatives), such terms shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Legislation.
Information we collect
We may collect and process personal data relating to you, your employees or any other individual where you have provided their information to us. Before providing us with any information you are responsible for ensuring that such individuals are aware of this Notice and the provisions of such Notice are clearly communicated to them.
We may collect the following types of personal data:
- contact information, such as home or work addresses and contact details (including mobile telephone number);
- details of any complaints or concerns raised;
- financial information (including bank details);
- date of birth, marital/civil partnership status, details of dependants and next of kin;
- any other information provided by a client in the course of providing our services;
- technical information includes internet protocol (IP) address, usage information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the site.
Some of the information that we collect may include special categories of personal data (such as race, health information and dietary requirements). We will usually seek separate permission to process these special categories of personal data. We may be prevented from providing services where there is a failure to provide the above information.
Our use of personal data
We process personal data mainly to provide our services. We may also process personal data for a number of other business purposes, for example:
- to administer and operate client account(s);
- to enable us to carry out statistical and other analysis and to meet our legal obligations;
- for our reasonable commercial purposes (including in connection with our insurance, quality control and administration and assisting us to develop new and improved services);
- to follow up with clients to see if we can provide any further assistance;
- to comply with any requirement of applicable laws or regulations;
- to check our instructions;
- in the context of a sale or potential sale of a relevant part of our business, subject always to confidentiality obligations; and
- for marketing communications unless the recipient indicates at any time that they do not wish to receive marketing communications.
Lawful Grounds for Using Information
We have described the purposes for which we may use personal data. We are permitted to process such information in this way, in compliance with the Data Protection Legislation, by relying on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- consent to the processing of such information for a specific reason;
- the processing is necessary to perform the agreement or to take steps to enter into an agreement;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have; or
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us, which might be:
- to provide our services;
- to improve our website;
- to keep our website safe and secure;
- to prevent fraud;
- to protect our business interests;
- to ensure that complaints are investigated;
- to evaluate, develop or improve our services; or
- to keep clients informed about relevant services.
1. Information sharing
Sharing information with others
We keep all information confidential. However, in order to provide our services to the best of our ability, we may also share personal data with and provide third party contractors access to personal data where they support or provide services to us. We will ensure that if we share information with, or provide access to, third party contractors, any such disclosure or access is at all times in compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
The recipients, or categories of recipients, of information that we hold may be:
- our German group company (Life Size Media GmbH);
- any revenue service or tax authority;
- advisers (including, but not limited to, accountants or other professional advisers) where authorised to do so;
- UK and overseas regulators, courts and authorities in connection with their duties (such as crime prevention);
- fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify identities. We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your information to detect, investigate and prevent crime;
- third party contractors who support or provide services to us;
- anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under this Notice; and
- any other person or organisation after a restructure, sale or acquisition.
Transferring information outside the UK
Information in our possession may be transferred to other countries (particularly to our German group company and service providers in different countries which may include countries outside the European Economic Area) for any of the purposes described in this Notice.
These countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information they hold and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, courts regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect such information to the standard required in the European Economic Area. We or they may require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer information where:
- the transfer is to a country deemed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection of information;
- we have received consent to such transfer, or
- such transfer is otherwise permissible under Data Protection Legislation (for example if we are required to provide such information by law).
2. Legal rights
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
You have a number of rights concerning their personal, which include the right:
- to request access to, or a copy of, any personal data we hold about you;
- to request the rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to request the erasure of your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to object to your personal data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your information;
- to request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data;
- to ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to another party where technically feasible and otherwise required by applicable regulations;
- to withdraw, at any time, any consent that you have previously given to us for our use of your personal data; or
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time.
Any request for access to or a copy of personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards any individual’s rights as a data subject.
If you would like to contact us in relation to any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Retaining Your Information
We will only keep the information we collect on our systems or with third parties for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate and up-to-date and still required.
If you terminate your relationship with us, a matter comes to an end, we decline to act on a matter, or you decide not to go ahead with a matter, we may still keep your information.
Sending You Marketing Information
We may use information from time to time to inform clients by letter, (or similar) messages, email or other electronic means, about similar services (including those of third parties).
It is possible to opt out of such communication, by contacting us using the contact details set out below or by clicking “unsubscribe” for the relevant communication.
- Write to Life Size Media Ltd at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Call +44 (0)203 637 5096.
Data subjects also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We may make changes to this Notice and how we use your information in the future.
Life Size Media Ltd